Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Nothing's Permanent like Temporary"

This week I am packing and moving from my home of 8 years.  I had moved here "temporarily" in 2000 when I got divorced, and I ended up living here longer than any other home in my adult life.  The house was too small, and a little old, but it was literally 1 block from my office and a little more than 1/2 mile to the beach, and close to my son's school.  At the time I was really into surfing, I could walk to EVERYTHING, and I hated to commute, so... (as an aside, the house was so close to my office that I did not use the office building bathrooms, and I ate lunch for the most part at home.  The TIME you gain in your life from not having to commute is worth every other compromise) here I am/was.

In relating this all to my sister, she replied: "Nothing's permanent like temporary".

BONG! GONG!  What a line!  

Every time you hear that America's energy problems are just temporary - that ethanol, hydrogen, bio-diesel, Wind, Solar, Nuclear technologies are JUST AROUND THE CORNER - I hope you will remember that line.

"Nothing's permanent like temporary."

Yours for a better world,

Mentatt (at) yahoo (d0t) com

No comments: