Sunday, November 18, 2007

As my readers know, I have been studying and writing about the peak in world oil production for the past several years and its effects on our businesses, investments, families, and our way of life.

The recent, and final, U.N. I.P.C.C. report on climate change has just been released, and while I know that the report has been on the cover of every major newspaper and magazine, I wanted to quickly say that it is not an exaggeration to point out the political solutions to this problem are going to change EVERYTHING in our lives. The report is very direct, forceful, and leaves little room for interpretation and manipulation:

“The world will have to end its growth of carbon emissions within seven years and become mostly free of carbon-emitting technologies in about four decades to avoid killing as many as a quarter of the planet's species from global warming.” As reported in the Washington Post November 18, 2007

Simply put, this means the end of industrial growth, and as life is certainly not fair, there will be winners and losers in the mad scramble about to come.

I will be researching and commenting on this in the future at least as much a I will about oil supplies.

THIS IS BIGGEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENDED SINCE THE WHEEL - you just don't know it yet.

Yours for a better (post-industrial) world,

Mentatt (at) yahoo (d0t) com

No comments: