Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween





When I was a kid, Halloween was my favorite holiday. Every year, my best friend Freddy and I would dress as hobos, burning a wine cork to use as make up for fake beards. Those were the days (funny, Freddy tracked me down last year from this Blog).

Here is a photo of one of buddy's kids in a costume that must have taken he and his wife hours to get together (if anybody has any other cool halloween photos feel free to email me, and I will put them up. Its good for kids to have 15 minutes of innocent fame).

libertariananimal (at) gmail (d0t) com

2 comments:

GardenerG said...

This article reminded me of your "Marriage/Divorce Industrial Complex" post. Sportscaster Nantz to pay ex-wife $916K a year:

"Lorrie Nantz will get their home and a separate condominium in Westport, while Jim Nantz will get their home in Houston and a luxury condominium in the Deer Valley ski resort in Park City, Utah.

.. has to split various joint accounts with Lorrie Nantz, including the current value of his pension through the Screen Actors Guild.

He also must keep his ex-wife listed as beneficiary of a $3 million life insurance policy while he's still paying alimony and/or child support, and pay $70,000 so she can join any country club of her choice."

That last line was rich!

A Quaker in a Strange Land said...

Why anyone would sign into a life long slavery contract is beyond my comprehension.

Why we tolerate this in a democratic society is NOT beyond my comprehension. The people that benefit from this have the votes AND the political influence money.

The simple solution is to make it LAW that every couple negotiate a pre-nup. Or no marriage license.