I am a huge MLK fan - so much so that I would be very, very happy to have his likeness replace Lincoln's on the penny and $5 bill. MLK was the real emancipator. Lincoln fought a war that didn't need to be fought and caused the violent/diseased death of well over 1 million people (the 660k quote of soldiers that dies during the conflict is almost surely a vast understatement, and to that one must add the deaths of those that died of their wounds in the years after the Civil War as well as the deaths of the orphaned children and widows of the deceased soldiers).
Of course, no one listens to me. Unfortunately, no one listened to MLK, either.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
While the Liberal media will be filled with propaganda today, I would like to offer an alternative view of the data. If I assert that MLK was the real emancipator, I would also assert that the "Black (only) Leadership", with a tremendous assist from The Left, has done its best to undo the achievements of the Late, GREAT, MLK.
African Americans have separated and segregated themselves from the larger society in a fashion unprecedented in history.
- "Blacks only" schools. And here. So much for the victory of "integration".
- "Blacks only" Beauty Pageants.
- And since black beauty is different than white beauty, so is the news. Hence, Blacks Only Journalists.
- And to keep the races "pure" - Blacks Only dating web sites. (we wouldn't want inter-racial mongrels - like my kids - running around, now would we? I am trying hard not to vomit here and every time I see a "Jewish Singles", "Black Singles", "White Supremacist Singles" advertisement - because in reality Supremacist should be added to the first 2 as well as the last 1.)
- Of course, we need a Society of Black Engineers because loads on buildings, bridges, infrastructure is different in Black communities. Or is it just Black math is different than White Math?
- So. Your college is fully "integrated"? Well, except for your Fraternities and Sororities.
So much for a color blind society. I wish MLK could be here to see this, and to strip the bark off of the "Black (only) Leaders" for what they have wrought.
For those of you who actually ARE color blind/gender blind/faith blind, that reject the use of force to achieve political and social policy goals as well as the lie of multiculturalism, and who embrace the acceptance of us mongrel races, I wish you peace and salute the content of your character.
And to you, Martin Luther King, Jr. May your message take root and have a voice once again.