Sunday, March 23, 2008

Now What?

I am truly blessed. 

As a fund manager and broker, I have the good fortune of living in place populated with the PERFECT contra-indicators for any financial, commodity, or real estate market.  

Members of the "Lucky Sperm Club" often confuse brains with a bull market (or a fortunate crib in the maternity ward), but some do so more than others... my contra indicators are now th telling me that oil, gold, and corn have peaked, and Real Estate has bottomed.  (I should have been born rich instead of so damn good looking...)

Now, I know that past performance does not indicate future results... but these guys have been so perfect in the past!!!  Buying, and leveraging, South Florida Condominiums and McMansions, in 2003, 2004 and 2005 while pooh-poohing the commodity markets - they told me "they aren't making any more Real Estate".  Betting BIG on tech stocks in 1999 and early 2000. When these guys tell you something you should listen closely - and take the other side of the trade.

Mentatt (at) yahoo (d0t) com


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I can listen to just a couple minutes of any of the Lamestream Media and get a pretty good contrary indicator. I love people like L. Yun and D. Yergin! Corporate whores and shills can give valuable info when the listener realizes who their masters are.

Thanks for being a valuable source of info in an increasingly uncertain world, Mr. Jeffers!

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog and some very good thinking. I check it every day. It would be really cool if you could update on a somewhat regular basis.
Thanks