Friday, December 21, 2007

Follow up on Aristotle Onassis’ famous quip

On my December 13, 2007 post I quoted Aristotle Onassis, a keen observer of the human condition, in his most famous remark:

“If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.”

I got a remarkable amount of email from testosterone challenged men and women who likely don’t shave their underarms lambasting me for insinuating that Alpha Males, driven to compete by the need for female sexuality, were a significant portion of the problem that has led us to the 2 sides of the same problem coin, “Peak Oil” and “Climate Change”. I wasn’t insinuating at all – I was stating this as firm conviction.

Several days later, this article was linked to the EnergyBulletin.net’s web site. I wonder if the good professor received as much flack as I? I wonder if he will lose his tenured position for observing the obvious?

Folks, what is the purpose of hair dye, breast implants, cosmetic dentistry, high heels, make-up, and beauty magazines (all OK with me. Actually at my age a dimmer switch is probably the best cosmetic)? Are these not the Ovarian American’s response to the Estrogen Challenged American’s instruments of status such as high priced automobiles, mansions, and exquisite tailoring? I am not suggesting that ALL Ovarian Americans and ALL Estrogen Challenged Americans use these tools to further their interests, but as anyone who has ever killed a little time at the magazine rack at the airport will agree: Though there are dozens of rags targeting the American Bride, have you ever heard of “Groom” magazine?

Yours for a better post fossil fuel and post politically correct world,

Mentatt (at) yahoo (d0t) com

No comments: